Are you already working in an Early Childhood Education and Care setting (ECEC)?
Do you hold a Certificate III qualification (or higher) in ECEC?
You or your staff may benefit from subsidised access to the following skills sets developed specifically to answer industry demand:
- CHCSS00090 – Supporting Children and Families with complex needs Skill Set
- CHCSS00072 – Building Inclusive Practices in Early Childhood Education and Care Skill Set
- CHCSS00091 – Team Leader Skill Set
The 2016-17 VET Investment Plan has a number of programs which support individuals wishing to undertake study to pursue a career in Early Childhood Education and Care or those already working in the sector.
The VET Investment plan outlines VET investment through the following programs:
- User Choice (apprenticeships and traineeships)
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
- Higher Level Skills
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work.
For more information about the VET Investment Plan please visit http://www.training.qld.gov.au/documents-data/strategies-plans-reports/vet-investment-plan/index.html
Staff in ECEC may also benefit from the following qualifications and skill sets:
- CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
- CHC50113 – Diploma of Early Childhood and Care
- CHC50213 – Diploma of School Aged Education and Care
- CHCSS00074 – Child Protection Skill Set*
* Student must be an existing worker in a front line service role involving direct contact with children, youth or families, who hold a Certificate III qualification and may have a Certificate IV or higher level qualification.
Information about qualifications and skill sets that attract a government subsidy is available through the Queensland Training Subsidies List.
For more information, please contact Kelly at the Workforce Council on 1800 112 585.