The Queensland Council of Social Services (QCOSS) State Conference will be held on 16 and 17 May 2018 at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. The theme of this year’s conference is Movement for change – Play your part.
About the Conference
The stories we tell ourselves now will determine the future. How do we change these stories to create the future we want? How do we move our communities closer to creating greater wellbeing by challenging how we all talk and think about the world?
By attending the 2018 QCOSS State Conference on 16 and 17 May … you will be part of a movement for change.
We will focus on the stories we tell as organisations and as a community, what they mean and where they lead us. We will then explore how we change the narrative and inspire more positive outcomes by the actions we take today.
At a time when we are seeing the demonisation of groups such as welfare recipients and asylum seekers and our community is disenchanted with the democratic process, we need a new way to describe the change we want to see for all Queenslanders.
Jane Caro, Richard Denniss and Mick Gooda are just a few of the speakers who will help us to kick of this movement.
Join us to
- Explore the current landscape in which we live and work, uncover the big issues and identify the stories that are dividing our communities.
- Understand the evidence base for change and the current state of play from which we can move forward.
- Explore reforms currently underway. Challenge your beliefs and attitudes and understand how these shape our actions and influence reform directions.
- Hear from communities who have taken action, told a different story and had success. How did they do it? What have they learned? Is this something we can all put into practice?
- Learn from opinion leaders from different backgrounds and sectors. They will discuss their experiences and share how we can change the way we think and tell our stories to achieve improved outcomes for everyone.
- Leave with an appetite and recipe for action to take us closer to our desired future.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
For more information and to register visit https://qcossconference2018.wordpress.com/
Early bird pricing ends on 16 March 2018.