Burke and Wills Hotel
554 Ruthven Street
Toowoomba, QLD, AU 4350
(07) 4632 2433
What’s it about?
Effective leadership promotes a positive organisation culture and builds a professional learning community.
This one day workshop will take people working at all levels through theories of conflict as well as exploring strategies for its healthy and constructive resolution.
An interactive and practical workshop, it will build on participants own experiences to increase confidence, expand options, build knowledge and skills. This practical application to real life situations will make it easy for participants to apply skills back in the workplace.
This workshop is mapped to Element 5, CHCCOM504B, Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication. The certificate of evidence may be used as evidence for RPL.
Specific Learning Outcomes
- Quality Area 7: Leadership and Service Management (National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care and School Aged Care)
- Standard 6: Human Resources: Effective human resource management systems, including recruitment, induction and supervisory processes, result in quality service provision. (The Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) Qld)
PS7 – Engage professional with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Develop understanding of conflict theory
- Explore and practice a range of strategies for resolving conflict
- Develop confidence in approaching difficult conversations
Beth has over 15years experience in the governement, not-for-profit and private domains of the Human Service Sector as a qualified Social Worker, specialising in team development and leadership. In her current role as a Consultant with the Workforce Council, Beth brings her experiences in practitioner development, ethical practice in action, dealing with team complexity and strategic planning for high performance. Beth is a current Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers and her practice is informed by Strengths-based perspective focussed on generating healthy and sustainable change at the individual, organisational and sector level.