The Institute of Professional Learning (University of the Sunshine Coast)
Level 3, Building J, 90 Sippy Downs Road
Sippy Downs, QLD, AU 4556
This forum is a must for those wanting innovation, rigor and diversity in their future recruitment and employment activities.
Increasing demand for health and related services (and forecast changes that will impact the sector’s workforce demographics) means the Sunshine Coast’s Health and Wellbeing Industry requires new, innovative and diverse recruitment and skilling strategies.
The forum will:
• provide an update by Sunshine Coast Council on the Health and Wellbeing Industry and Investment Plan and the region’s growing economic opportunities – led by Mayor Mark Jamieson
• give you an overview of the Queensland Government’s strategy to better align vocational education and training in schools to employment
• introduce the Workforce Council’s ‘Core Strength Framework’
• highlight the opportunities available to employers and the region to:
- develop a sustainable youth recruitment and skilling strategy
- leverage the energy of the Coast’s high schools
- maximise the use of available government funding to offset vocational education and training costs
- sustainably build the region’s future workforce
• provide your organisation with the opportunity to commit to employment guarantees for highly skilled, talented and work ready young people.