Arundel Hills Country Club
Arundel, QLD, AU 4214
07 5573 9400
What’s it about?
Effective leadership promotes a positive organisation culture and builds a professional learning community.
This one day workshop will take people working at all levels through theories of conflict as well as exploring strategies for its healthy and constructive resolution.
An interactive and practical workshop, it will build on participants own experiences to increase confidence, expand options, build knowledge and skills. This practical application to real life situations will make it easy for participants to apply skills back in the workplace.
This workshop is mapped to Element 5, CHCCOM504B, Develop, implement and promote effective workplace communication. The certificate of evidence may be used as evidence for RPL.
Specific Learning Outcomes
- Quality Area 7: Leadership and Service Management (National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care and School Aged Care)
- PS7 – Engage professional with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Standard 6: Human Resources: Effective human resource management systems, including recruitment, induction and supervisory processes, result in quality service provision. (The Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) Qld)
- Develop understanding of conflict theory
- Explore and practice a range of strategies for resolving conflict
- Develop confidence in approaching difficult conversations
- Specific for Children Services
Jan has a wealth of experience in the human services area, having worked across a range of community, educational and business contexts and in a variety of roles. Including, Early Childhood Teacher, Senior Project Officer for National Disability Services, Learning & Development Coordinator, presenter & freelance facilitator, and workplace trainer.
Jan’s practice is informed y the frameworks of Appreciative Inquiry and dialogue based methodologies.
Jan is an apprenticing steward connected with the Art of Hosting worldwide network of practitioners having been involved over the past 5 years in co- designing, delivering and participating in seven participatory leadership training events to over 600 health and community services workers.