Online Workshop Details
For more information on Online Learning click here
Early Bird prices apply to this event. See registration form for details
What’s it about?
Our favourite! This is our innovative signature Child Protection course that delivers essential lessons for the early years professional and is easily incorporated in the EYLF. It is designed to assist professionals to embed practical preventative child protection strategies into their daily lives, and the lives of all our children. A fresh approach to Child Protection that really works – right in front of your eyes – every day! You will learn the 7 Steps 2 Safety and appreciate the way they not only protect children, but transform your relationship with them. This is the second course in our Essential Child Protection Training System.
Specific Learning Outcomes
• Refresh of legislation, policies, reporting requirements and National Quality framework updates
• relating to child protection;
• The use of structured curriculum and informal interaction in child protection teaching;
• Inclusion of discussion centered on feelings in programming for children and parents;
• Programming that allows expression through communication and means other than words;
• Fostering ongoing engagement and communication with parents and children;
• Sharing resources and ideas to promote children’s social and emotional development;
• 7 Steps 2 Safety program.
QA 2 :Childrens Health and Safety
PS3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
PS4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning
PS5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
PS6 – Engage in professional learning
PS7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Early Bird sale on now!
Michael has nearly 25 years’ experience in child protection case management, investigation and education. He served with distinction as a Detective with the Queensland Police Service for 20 years investigating child abuse offences. For 10 years he was a core member of various SCAN teams (Suspected Child and Neglect multi-agency team) case managing the most serious of child protection issues. He has formal qualifications in management, training, investigation practices and public safety. Michael is a Churchill Fellow and a member of the International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.